Crack 'em with dry lips this winter, with an award-winning lip balm that is a favourite amongst celebrities and make-up artists!
Let’s face it, winter does have its good points. Think that must-have winter trench, those to-die-for boots, or cozy nights in by the fire. Unfortunately, winter also seems to bring on those dry, cracked, chapped lips – leaving them sore and definitely un-kissable!
Well, we’ve found the perfect solution, in one of the world’s most tried and tested products – Carmex® lip balm. With 130 Carmex lip balms sold every minute, it seems plenty of us know just how fantastic this little tub of healing balm is.
The unique Carmex lip balm formula helps to soothe, moisturise and relieve dry chapped lips caused by environmental factors (like wind and dry air), resulting in soft, healthy-looking lips.
First introduced in the U.S in 1937, Carmex combines camphor & menthol (which gives the lips a tingly sensation) in a soothing base of cocoa butter and beeswax. Carmex can even be used under lipstick.
“Winter equals dry, chapped, sore lips for most people. Which is why a good nourishing lip balm is essential to have in your handbag or pocket to use every day. Carmex is a great accessory for the cooler months. It gives you that ‘Carmex tingle’ on application to let you know it’s working!” says Amanda Miller, Marketing Manager for the Australian distributors of Carmex.
It's hard to believe that this little product started life from inside a car boot! Suffering from dry, chapped lips, Alfred Woelbing invented Carmex lip balm in the U.S. in the early 1930s. He carefully hand poured his special formula into small glass pots, which he sold to pharmacists from the boot of his car. Today, the company is still owned by the Woelbing family, and the famous lip balm products (which come in a jar, stick or tube) are favoured by a stack of celebs including Kate Winslet, Stella McCartney, Charlize Theron, and George Clooney.
Even the style queen Carrie Bradshaw (aka Sarah-Jessica Parker) uses Carmex lip balm in the Sex and the City tv series.
Some of Amanda Miller’s tips for beating chapped lips this winter include:
- Ensure you stay hydrated, drink plenty of water to keep you lips (and skin) soft and supple.
- Just as you apply hand cream or eye serum at night, apply a lip balm just before bed. The Carmex lip balm jar is great to keep on your bedside table as a reminder!
- Don’t forget about SPF protection – it’s important to be sun conscious all year round, even during the winter months and particularly if you’re hitting the ski slopes. The Carmex lip balm Click Sticks™ contain SPF 15 and are available in 3 flavours - Strawberry, Cherry or Original.
- Reapply lip-balm throughout the day after eating and drinking.
- Don’t lick your lips, because this can often make them worse!
The full Carmex range is available at all good pharmacies nationally, and the Squeeze Tube is available at selected Woolworths and Safeway supermarkets. Check out the full range at mycarmex.com.au